Sacramento Implementation Workshop Information
Monday, May 20th
- Check In & Light Refreshments: 12:00-1:00pm
- Session: 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Tuesday, May 21st
- Breakfast: 8:00am - 8:30am
- Session: 8:30 - 3:00pm; lunch will be provided
The workshop will be held at the Capitol Event Center at 1020 11th St. in Sacramento. We will be on the main floor.
The following hotels are reasonably priced and nearby the workshop location. Please note that we are unable to pay for hotel accommodations for this workshop and do not have any hotel blocks. Please book your own accommodations if you need a hotel room.
- Quality Inn Sacramento Convention Center (~$103/night; 10 min walk)
- Holiday Inn Sacramento Downtown – Arena (~$174/night; 13 min walk)
- Best Western Plus Sutter House (~$189/night; 5 min walk)
- Holiday Inn Express Sacramento Convention Center (~$190/night; 14 min walk)
What to Bring
- Before attending the workshop, please work with your team to complete the attached pages on pre-work (instructional goals/vision) and data. If you represent a COE, please complete the prep based on one district you are supporting. If your team consists of teachers, please ask your school/district administration for instructional goals.
- Data for your school, LEA or County, depending on your role, that includes:
- Math CAASPP scores;
- student enrollment (totals and by race/ethnicity, English Learners, free & reduced-price meals, and special education)- much of this information can be found on Ed-Data.org;
- math personnel roles (coaches, teachers, curriculum specialists, etc) and;
- your math professional development calendar.
- Your laptop and charger so that you can engage with online materials during the workshop.
We are finalizing catering orders on 5/3/19. If there is someone else you’d like to have join you at the workshop, or if your plans have changed and you are unable to attend, please email Elena at email@example.com as soon as possible. On the day of the workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any last minute needs.